In the coming year, many friends and members of Cascade CRC are planning to read or listen to the Bible. A tool many will be using is the DAILY AUDIO BIBLE ( This is a free resource that can help us have a shared experience as we go through God’s Word. A printable version of the readings can be found by clicking here.
Another helpful tool is the Bible Project. They recently released an app that will link to videos and other resources to help the Bible come alive. Find out more about the app and its resources here.
The Bible Project reading plan can be found here.
PRINCIPLES & PATTERNS FOR THIS DISCIPLINE
As we go through the year, our goal is to be helpful and graced-based. The following ideas might be helpful.
- Pick a predictable time and schedule your reading. This can be during your morning dog walk, the drive to work, while you make breakfast, or whatever works best for your schedule.
- Listening to each daily reading takes 15-25 minutes. Episodes might be longer as they often share prayer requests from the global community after the readings.
- Remember grace! If you fall behind, don’t drop out of the program. Feel free to jump to “today’s” reading. Missing a few days or weeks is better than missing the rest of the year.
- Every Wednesday, Pastor Tim will post a video and some notes about theologically or historically interesting issues that have come up in the week’s reading. The goal of these is to reinforce this discipline and to help share study practices that have helped him. Feel free to share your own insights.
- Invite a few friends on this adventure. This isn’t limited to Cascade CRC’s crowd and the readings are available in ten languages! Having friends on the same journey helps build accountability and excitement.
WAYS TO LISTEN TO THE NEW TESTAMENT READING PLAN
- On Bible.com (also the Bible phone app) the Bible Project has a "New Testament in One Year" plan.
- This will give you a way to read or listen to Matthew - Revelation in 12 months.
- You can find out more about it, and subscribe to it, here: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/13233-new-testament-in-one-year-with-the-bible-project
- The whole reading plan is here.
WAYS TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY AUDIO BIBLE
- The Daily Audio Bible Website https://dailyaudiobible.com/
- Just click on “Listen Now” to hear today’s reading
- If you click on “Player” in the top right corner, you will have access to an archive of past readings.
- The Daily Audio Bible App
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/daily-audio-bible-mobile-app/id1215838266
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dailyaudiobible.dabapp&hl=en_US&gl=US
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/1-year-daily-audio-bible/id111065122
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1GgMT9nRjJNWUGO6qIY9Ix
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/1-year-daily-audio-bible